Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Sparkle N Sprinkle's May Blog Hop

Hi Everbody! Glad to be back with another Sparkle N Sprinkle blog hop. May's theme is Celebrating Summer and all that comes with it.

If you hopped here by way of Angie Blasingame, then dig your toes into the sand and allow me to show you what I've been up to.

These colors just said summer, beach, & ocean to me. The Sandpiper 3232-404A and Nature's Gift 3231-404N sparkle like the ocean using Sparkle N Sprinkle's hand blended embossing powders.

Ocean Treasures Stamp Set 404

Instructions to make.













This reminds of a warm, calm walk along the beach. Picking up seashells washed ashore, agates, and just enjoying the moment.

Instructions to make.





During the summer of 2000, my daughter (11 year old at the time) and I went up and down the Oregon coast. We put a lot of miles on the car that summer and it was definately worth it!

Instructions to make.


At each corner where the photograph was placed, I tried my hand at the Puddling or Splashing effect. It really looks like puddled water. I love it! To learn how to do this and add interest to your page, see Sparkle N Sprinkle's Tip's and Tutorials.


Thanks so much for stopping by. Please be sure to leave a comment so I know you were here.  See you again soon!

Be sure to check out Sparkle N Sprinkle's Special's this month.

Now, it down the beach to visit with the always talented Jill Jacobsen.

Your Sparkle N Sprinkle Blog Hostesses are:

33 comments:

  1. Your colors are awesome on the two shell cards, but I have to say - my favorite is the scrapbook page - the background paper really looks like a pile of sand on the beach and LOVE LOVE LOVE the "puddling" effect! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that scrapbooking page is FABULOUS!!! That puddling effect is so real looking!! I am going to have to check that out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color combinations on your cards. Great scrapbook page. I love the puddle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful work...that sb page is just fabulous. Love the puddling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep, the scrapbook page is my favorite too! Lots of neat elements going on there - lots of interest! Fun layout & nice cards Karalee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cards, I love the colors you chose!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your projects are so beautiful and artistic! Love the techniques that you used!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love how you created your cards and what a fantastic layout for your scrapbook page too. Your work is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your color choices truely speak of summer and beaches

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute cards! The scrapbook page is great, fantastic theme to try out the puddling technique.
    ~Angie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Especially love the scrapbooking page Karalee. Great idea with the puddling effect. Love the color choices of your cards - very pretty and calming.

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow how Amazing is this.Love the colors and the attention to details is perfect. what Summer Fun this Layout is. thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful cards with colors that speak of cool summer breezes. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I like the checkered pattern & color scheme on your first card. I love seashells. The bird is just the right finishing touch.

    ReplyDelete
  15. really like the ocean treasures stamp set!

    ReplyDelete
  16. You're off the hook, no flamingoes off the Oregon coast unless I bring my plastic ones!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is some awesome work!! Not sure which I like best. Love all the different techniques you used.

    ReplyDelete
  18. What beautiful cards! But that Scrapbook page looks like you could just sink your toes into that sand. It is Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. They all make you feel like you're on the coast - wonderful work, thank you

    ReplyDelete
  20. Such beautiful cards...those shells are lovely, but WOW! Your layout is amazing!! Beautiful colors and design, and that netting really takes it up another level!

    ReplyDelete
  21. These pictures just don't do these justice! Thank you for sharing them with me! I love them all!

    -pamela (won't let me log in for some reason!)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wonderful beach themed projects and I love the layout on the first card! Great scrapbook page too! Everything makes me want to go on vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Those colors and designs make me want to be at the beach. Nice ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love this color combination. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I really liked the use of the embossing folders on your second card, and I liked the colors you chose on the first card.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Two soft and subtle cards that definitely have beach, sand, and ocean colors. They're both wonderful. I love the puddles on the scrapbook page.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Whoa! Karalee, your cards and scrapbook page are awesome! Great colors. The sand actually looks real! Thanks for sharing your pretty artwork.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Karalee, the scrapbook page is awesome! I love all the dimensional texture!! It is proudly on display at the store for all to appreciate and be inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love all your work!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Luv the seagull card thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Your sincere comments are always appreciated.