Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Sparkle N Sprinkle's January 2012 Blog Hop

to the first Sparkle N Sprinkle Blog Hop of 2012! We're combining two themes this month -
Deco Divas - Love Is In The Air (aka Valentines)
If you hopped here by way of Lana Clarke, then you're right where you should be.
If not, and you'd like to become eligible for one of four great prizes, please start
This card was made with artist Gail Burton's stamp Trois Visages 3353-419M or on Burton-Heure De Party Stamp Set 419
For instructions to the above card, click here.
The 'Divas', below, was a lot of fun to make. After doing some research on-line about the very clean lines in designs and architecture of the Deco-era, I made my own templates to create the layered 3-D black background. From Heure De Party Stamp 3351-419P, Stamp Set 419
For instructions to the above card, please click here.




These are thread spinner cards made with stamp Crossed Hearts 1446-306C from artist Lisa Jane's Hearts & Flowers Stamp Set 306. Here, the pictures are showing both sides of the spinner. No one can resist a card that moves, shakes or spins. When this card is set open, the slightest air movement starts the spinner going 'round.

For instructions to make a thread spinner card,
click here.

Stamped image twice to give an almost mirror image,
and accented with a lot of glitter to make it sparkle.
To see how to make this card, click here.

The turquoise background is highlighted with Paisley Florals 1445-306G,
The vases were stamped on white cs and fussy cut only around
the bottom part of the vases. This allows the vases to appear to 'sit'
on the tablecloth. Click here, for instructions.
 
Although the Petal Bride and Groom have been retired, I couldn't
resist using them for this blog hop. They remind me of my
Brother and Sister-In-Law when they were married in 1980.
Big hair, big fluff, big shoulder pads, big everything!
Please be sure to leave a comment on every one's blog, then at the end of the hop, answer the question on the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog to be eligible for a prize. Winners will be announced on the Sparkle N Sprinkle Blog, Saturday, January 21st. Thank you for stopping by, and I hope you are gathering lots of ideas to make your own cards for your special someone.

Now, hop on over to visit with Charlene Driggs.

Your blog hostesses are:
Sparkle N Sprinkle Blog (home page)
Barbara Bruder
Julie Zippel
Lana Clarke
Karalee Ingram (you are here X)
Charlene Driggs
Amanda Reed
Shanna Shands
Shona Erlenborn
Gerlinde Townsley
Angie Blasingame
Marie Berquist
Karin Martin
Jessica Griffin
Dawn Thomas
April Williams
Jill Jacobsen

46 comments:

  1. I loved the backgrounds on the spinning thread cards. The lace was really pretty on the car, simple, but very effective. I also liked the petal bride card. The layers of the card made a beautiful statement. Gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, wow, wow!!!! You certainly have been busy. Beautiful cards. Each one has different details. They are all wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good work. I especially like your second "Diva" card and your spinning hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Katherine Epstein-LeisJanuary 19, 2012 at 3:33 AM

    Love the thread spinner card. I like the use of texture. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow you outdid yourself with all the cards!! What a great variety!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The striking black background on the second divas is perfect - you nailed that! And you're definitely right - everybody loves movement cards. Great idea to make the heart spinner. Great bunch of cards!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have been one busy gal!! I am a big fan of Art Deco as well and the background for your second card is a great choice! Also love, love, love the heart spinner card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome array of cards Karalee! My favorite is the Deco Divas with the staged background.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Where to start?! Fantastic line up, but that Art Deco template you made for those divas is mind blowing! LOVE it! And the lace on the Valentine's is the perfect touch :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what a fab line of creations you have made Karalee xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Karalee you have been busy! These are all great cards but I like the turquoise with the vases best, great colors!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Each of your creations is so pretty and different from the others - even the similar cards are unique! Lacy, frilly, dry embossed, framed, dies - so many details to enjoy. These cards are sure to make anyone feel cared for during Valentine celebrations. Great colors, too, Karalee!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your Deco image says it all. Julie

    ReplyDelete
  14. All of your cards are wonderful! It is hard to know which one I like best. The Deco Divas are fab! I love how you embossed both the background and frame together on the first one. I neat idea!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oooo...la, la...I'll say love is in the air here! All fabulous creations!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Where to start! What a nice variety of cards and so many!!! There's one for every taste. I especially love what you did with the deco card in creating your own card base in the deco style! Gorgeous. Your spinner cards are so soft and pretty and fun. Love how you put the flower vase on the table top too. It just goes on and on....

    ReplyDelete
  17. I really like the thread spinner cards. I look forward to making my own one day. I also really liked the next card with the glitter and beautiful heart border. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Beautiful cards, especially the lacy heart one. So delicate!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow Love Love all your cards the deco Divas are Supper. The the Love cards wow How Beautiful you have done an amazing job on all. the Wedding Card is perfect I would Frame it. the Spinner cards are Supper cute Love the Idea. thanks for sharing all your Beautiful Cards
    abbraddock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  20. My, my...so many cards to choose from. I think mny fav is the last with the bride and groom. It really is darling and I love every detail about it. The other cards are special also. You did a great job creating your own deco background on the one card.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow I am so jealous. You have so many cards to share. I love each one but my #1 pick is you thread spinner card. They are all great and so very different. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! You have been one busy card designer. And, all are so wonderfully created and composed. I love the bride and groom one though the best but your Valentines are a close runner up as well. Thanks for inspiring me.

    ReplyDelete
  23. WOW! I'm just blown away by the Divas card with the templates you made yourself for the background. It is so perfectly "Art Deco"! All the cards are great but that one really grabbed me. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! Gorgeous cards. Thank you for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete
  25. The first two cards just knocked me over!! So unique and eye catching! Love the colors and texture!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Loved your cards and choices of color. But... I especially LOVED your second card. It is wonderfully dramatic!!! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your color choices are great, cards are outstanding.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I love your diva card and great use of color!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your final card with the bride & groom is absolutely outstanding. It is so soft & pretty. Too bad those stamps have been retired. My next favorite card is the mirror image hearts & all the lovely glitter. I am fascinated by how you made the vases on that card look like they were sitting on the table. I'll have to try that technique. That is a lovely turquoise background as well.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Wow Karlee! They are all gorgeous! AND unique! Especially like the black deco background. And the spinner heart I've only seen one other time on a Christmas card. Will have to check out your directions on that one. Great cards!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sorry about the mistype on your name! Serves me right for complaining this morning! Karalee! There! GOt it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too funny. Don't feel bad, my Dad couldn't get it right either. :)

      Delete
  32. I am amazed! So many wonderful cards and they are all so beautiful and unique. Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Karalee what a great assortment of cards. I love the deco divas.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Loved the card with the vases, never thought to cut the bottom so they "looked like they were floating".

    ReplyDelete
  35. Wonderful assortment of cards! Love the valentines!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful cards, I love each and everyone of them.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a great way to feature the divas-- a marquee. Now I have another project to try as I have them too!! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  38. Nice assortment of cards. I really liked your deco diva cards - new style for me. Of course I loved the traditional heart and lace cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  39. What a fun spinner cards and I always love the art deco cards! Great fun--thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I really like the cards that spin but the hearts and lace really set them off.

    Susie S

    ReplyDelete
  41. Karalee,
    All I can say is WOW! your cards are great! Love the heart to heart card and the colors are great! The spinner card is very nice, as I know they are tought to make. kudos to you. Thanks for sharing with me.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Great designs, i love the use of the void die cut.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgeous cards!! I love the spinner card!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. WOW!!! So many pretty cards - cant pick a favorite.

    ReplyDelete

Your sincere comments are always appreciated.