Monday, October 3, 2011

World Animal Day Blog Hop

Welcome to the Sparkle N Sprinkle World Animal Day blog hop. I am so excited to be invited as a Guest Designer this month.

As you can see, I have a critter of my own - I adopted Miss Chiff January 2, 2011, she was a "free" kitten being given away in front of our local Walmart. She was barely 8 weeks old.  Now she's 11 months. So, just like any teenager, she sleeps most of the day, and is up half the night (I'm told cats do that anyway- PS this is my first feline). My daughter (she's 22) is my only child, so I love to tease her that she now has a "sister".

If you hopped here by way of Julie Zippel, then you're in the right place. If not, and you'd like to become eligible for the Grand Prize and three other mystery prizes, please begin on the Sparkle N Sprinkle Home Blog.


Mr. & Mrs. P. 3556-438K
 For my stop on your hop, I designed two cards featuring the lovable Playful Pengies from Stamp Set 438. Doesn't all that glitter make you think of ice and cold!  In addition to using SNS's beautiful hand blended glitters, I used Spellbinder dies, and love the shimmer that pearlized paper gives. If you would like complete instructions to re-create these cards, please visit Sparkle N Sprinkle's Art Gallery, type Karalee in the Search box and click your Enter key.


Sir Pengie 3558-435K


Reminder - through the end of the month, the Sparkle Team presents all of the SNS Animals, Dogs & Cats, and Insects stamps on special - 15% off!  To view all SNS specials, including stamps, glitters, EPs, and other fine SNS products, just click here.

Please leave a comment on my blog to become eligible for two Grand Prizes. Winners will be announced Wednesday, October 5 between 11am - 3pm Eastern time on Sparkle N Sprinkle's blog.


Thank you so much for visiting, and please stop by again soon. Now hop on over to Karin Martin for more inspiring ideas.

Here's the Sparkle N Sprinkle blog hop order:
SNS Home Blog
Sandy Meier
Barbara Bruder
Dawn Thomas
Judy Rozema
Julie Zippel
Karalee Ingram (October's Guest Designer)  You are Here
Karin Martin
Marie Berquist
Shona Erlenborn

25 comments:

  1. I love your cards Karee. They remind me of winter because of the cold. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Love your Penquine cards love the colors and the papers you used. wow its so close to winter. thanks for sharing your special cards. and for the chance to win.
    abbraddock@msn.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pengies are darling! Love those details around the edges, and the sweet coloring. You've done a wonderful job in writing the details in your post, and the photos are cute cute cute! Thanks for great card shares!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HA! Your penguins are so cute! I love how the glitter makes them look all wintery! Loved your cute kitty story too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love the sparkling penguins! Great cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those penguins are too cute and your cards are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the penguins!!! Great cards.

    Lynette W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. (This is Dave, Karalee's friend who operates Kenosha Gardens and sells her cards.)

    It is so nice to see what everyone writes about her cards. I must also pass along some of what I hear at the market. Many people comment on how beautiful and nice her cards are. There have also been numerous crafters who stop to admire and glean from her work. It has been fun to see who buys which card - sometimes they even tell me for whom they are buying the card! My wife is always interested to see each new batch of cards that are headed to the market.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Karalee, you cards are so sweet. I really like penguins and you really added great backgrounds that go so well with your images.Congrats on your guest designer spot this month.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great job with the Pengies - love both of the cards, all the glitter, tinsel and shine just put you in the mood for winter.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love all that glitter on the cards Karalee! (Just don't make me think of winter yet - LOL!) Really love that glttered poinsettia on the first card! Cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job with the winter theme! I just love the wintery snowflakes, and ice, and snow (at least on cards anyway!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your cards are just darling! I like the glitter around the nesties. It really brings winter to the cards! Thanks for sharing. I have some ideas!

    NancyA

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your Miss Chiff is beautiful. I'm glad you rescued her from what might have been a sad life. Don't they just take your heart?
    Your winter cards are great to look at and make me feel a degree cooler, as our summer drags on.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Jan Hobbs

    ReplyDelete
  15. OH!! Miss Chiff is so gorgeous...I almost forgot to look at the cards! I have 3 cats of my own so I know how those furry babies just make a place in your heart and home.
    Your cute little penguin cards are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Brrr! Your cards make me cold. They certainly convey the feeling of winter. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job showing off all that glitter in the photos! Love the backgrounds too! And of course, the pengies are cute, cute, cute!

    ReplyDelete
  18. congratulations on the new addition (no diapers!) to your household.

    I love penguins and your two cards einforced that love.

    I use glitter, but not enough, and now you have inspired me to pull out the two shoeboxes of it and start playing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cards are adorable. I always have fun with glitter. From a long ago resident of Kellogg, Idaho. Julie T

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glitter and penguins are a great combination!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I like the added color of the pointsettia with the penguins. The second card was so realistic that I got cold just viewing it.
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love the pic of your Miss Chiff! She's adorable. Love the way you used the pengies on your cards. They are some of my favorite animals for Christmas and winter cards and you've done them so well!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the picture of Miss Chiff. Her color & markings are so pretty. I especially like your first card. It is so glittery & colorful.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Beautiful cards, Karee! Those blues put you right in the middle of winter! Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sorry I am late in commenting. Glad to have you joining us this month. Great cards. Love how you used the Spellbinders and glitz!!

    ReplyDelete

Your sincere comments are always appreciated.